There is an increasing amount of research and analysis being published about subjects related to our market by industry professionals and academics. Below is an abridged list of some existing literature:
The Impact of the Jobs Act
For a list of recent whitepapers relating to the JOBS Act, please visit our JOBS Act Resource Center
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP: Guide to Joining the OTCQX and the OTCQB Marketplaces for Canadian and other Foreign Issuers
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
“An OTCQX listing can provide an effective alternative to listing on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”), the NYSE Amex or Nasdaq and provide liquidity for investors in both Canadian and U.S. marketplaces.”
- DR Advisor Insights
"[T]he liquidity of a company’s ADRs is, in effect, at least equal to the liquidity of its shares in its home market. Accordingly, an investor should not look at U.S. trading volume alone when evaluating a non-U.S. company or the use of ADRs as a means to invest in it."
- Getting Quoted on OTCQX International | An Overview
for Non-US Companies
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
“OTCQX International is attractive to many foreign issuers because it provides them with a cost effective way to expand their access to U.S. investors and increase liquidity."
- Increasing Relative Value and Liquidity Through US Capital Market Access
”Canadian-based companies with publicly traded equity in both the US and Canada, regardless of market capitalization, enjoy a notably greater level of liquidity.”
- OTCQX International:
Attractive US Trading Platform for Non-US Blue Chip Companies
McDermott Will & Emery
“Develop or maintain an active US investor base able to execute trades in United States markets, without incurring the burden, expense and often duplicative disclosure obligations imposed by US stock market listing rules and the resulting mandatory Exchange Act and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.”
Listing Made Simple - Using Rule 12g3-2(b) to List International Companies on OTCQX
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
“This memorandum explains (1) how the 12g3-2(b) exemption works, (2) discusses the extent and type of securities liabilities that international issuers become subject to when they list on OTCQX.”
- The Impact of ADR Listing on Liquidity
Professors Alex Frino, Elsa Di Marco and Dr. Andrew Lepone
"OTC-traded ADRs have a more significant effect on the overall change in liquidity than exchange-traded stocks."
- DTC Eligibility and Trading Canadian Company Stocks in the U.S.
Burns Figa & Will P.C.
Regulation: Reporting & Disclosure Requirements for Companies
- FINRA Issues New Notice Requirements for OTC Companies - October 15, 2010
Berenbaum Weinshienk PC - Victoria Bantz, Esq.
- Going Dark - What Companies Need to Know
Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole LLP
- OTCM CEO Cromwell Coulson's testimony before the House Committee on Financial Services on the topic of "Reducing Barriers to Capital Formation" - June 12, 2013
- OTCM CEO Cromwell Coulson's oral testimony before the House Committee on Financial Services on the topic of "Reducing Barriers to Capital Formation" The JOBS Act, particularly through ending the ban on general solicitation and new more inclusive capital, takes great strides towards achieving the type of transparency our markets need to thrive. We can do more to reduce barriers to capital formation by thoughtfully enhancing our secondary markets. Capital has greater value if it is liquid and transferable. A carefully crafted “tick size” pilot program applicable to quotes and orders, but not trades, could provide a much-needed improvement for small company liquidity.
- OTCM CEO Cromwell Coulson's written testimony submitted to the House Committee on Financial Services on the topic of "Reducing Barriers to Capital Formation" The JOBS Act will allow more companies to make more disclosure publicly available. Where before a company raising capital under Reg. D, would have been restricted from posting their annual report on their website due to general solicitation concerns, the JOBS Act making available general solicitation, Regulation A+ (Reg. A+) and crowdfunding will incentivize companies to make their disclosure publicly available to access capital.