Comply with New OTCQB Requirements
OTC Markets Group is making changes to OTCQB® to make it a better venture stage marketplace. Companies will be required to meet eligibility standards aimed at improving the information available to investors. Companies traded on OTCQB will receive access to Real-Time Level 2 quotes and the OTC Disclosure & News Service to improve the information experience for their investors.
Summary of Requirements for Companies
To be eligible for OTCQB, companies will be required to:
- Meet a minimum bid price test of $0.01. Securities that do not meet the minimum bid price test will be downgraded to OTC Pink
- Submit an application to OTCQB and pay an application and annual fee
- Submit an OTCQB Annual Certification confirming the Company Profile displayed on www.otcmarkets.com is current and complete and providing additional information on officers, directors, and controlling shareholders
Current U.S. SEC Reporting and Bank Reporting companies, as well as for the first time, International Reporting companies listed on a Qualified Foreign Stock Exchange, will be eligible for OTCQB. Click here for more information on requirements for each of the Reporting Standards.
Securities of companies that do not either meet the OTCQB standards or qualify for OTCQX will likely continue to be traded by broker-dealers on OTC Pink.
Changes Effective on May 1, 2014
All current OTCQB companies that do not meet the minimum bid test (minimum bid price of $0.01 per share as of the close of business for at least one of the previous thirty consecutive calendar days) will be removed from OTCQB beginning May 1. Click here for more information on the Bid Test.
Prospective OTCQB Companies
Companies that are not on OTCQB as of April 30, 2014 must submit an application, pay the required fees and follow the new procedures in order to become traded on OTCQB. Securities will no longer be automatically put on OTCQB when a new Form 211 is cleared by FINRA or an OTC Pink company becomes current in its reporting.
International Reporting companies on a Qualified Foreign Stock Exchange may now apply to trade on OTCQB.
Timeline for Companies Currently Traded on OTCQB
OTC Markets will roll out the new procedures for OTCQB over the course of a year. Each company will be required to comply with the new OTCQB procedures 120 days after its Fiscal Year End (“FYE”). Companies that do not comply with the new procedures within the required timeframe will be downgraded to OTC Pink.
Companies with a March 31, 2014 FYE will be the first group of current OTCQB companies subject to the new requirements and will be required to comply with the new OTCQB standards by July 31, 2014. The rollout will be complete when the last group of current OTCQB companies with a FYE of March 30, 2014 is required to comply on July 30, 2015.
During 2014, companies may choose to apply to OTCQB prior to their required compliance date to take advantage of discounted pricing.
Corporate Services for OTCQB Companies
- OTC Disclosure & News Service enables companies to share reports, news, videos, investor presentations and more. Learn more.
- Real-Time Level 2 Quotes available for free to all investors on www.otcmarkets.com and on your company IR website (via API link, as requested). Learn more.
- OTCIQ Quote & Trade History Dashboard. Learn more.
- Dedicated Support Line. Learn more.