Flash Forward: How Technology is Changing Trading and Investor Relations
The publication of the new book, “Flash Boys,” by author Michael Lewis has stirred up a lot of controversy about the role of high-speed trading in public equity markets. Lewis argues the use of computers to buy and sell stocks at lightning speed has put retail investors at a disadvantage, while proponents of the practice point to evidence that electronic trading has resulted in more efficient, dynamic markets, lower trading costs and an overall better experience for small investors.
Whatever your opinion about high-speed trading, one thing is certain: the partnership between technology and progress will make equity markets more electronic in the future, and investors and companies will need to adjust their strategies accordingly.
OTC Market Tiers - Helping Investors Navigate the OTC Market
The Best Marketplace
OTC MARKETS NEWS & UPDATES
- OTC Markets June Newsletter
- OTC Markets Group Announces Second Quarter Performance of OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX ADR 30 Index
- Marketplace for small public banks takes off - SNL Financial
- Introducing the OTC Compliance Data File
- FINRA Warns Investors About The Potential for Stock Scams Associated with Marijuana-Related Stocks
- See where you can access Market Data