OTC Markets Group (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent and Connected financial marketplaces for 10,000 U.S. and global securities. We organize these securities into three marketplaces to better inform investors of opportunities and risks: OTCQX®, the Best Marketplace with Qualified Companies; OTCQB®, the Venture Stage Marketplace with U.S. Reporting Companies; and OTC Pink®, the Open Marketplace with Variable Reporting Companies.
OTC Link® ATS, an SEC-registered Alternative Trading System for off-exchange traded securities, directly links a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity and execution services. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price and empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality and availability of information for their investors.
OTC Link LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OTC Markets Group and FINRA member broker-dealer, operates OTC Link® ATS.
- Number of securities: 10,000
Includes 1,400 American Depositary Receipts (ADRs), 1,400 foreign ordinaries, 650 U.S. banks, 1,600 dividend-paying companies, 2,300 SEC-reporting companies, 1,100 small and micro-cap companies, 900 large and mid-cap companies
- Aggregate market capitalization: > $11.6 trillion*
- Daily trading volume: > $600 million*
- Dollar volume traded in 2012: $135 billion
- 77% of dollar volume traded is in ADRs and ordinary shares of international exchange-listed companies
- Number of institutional investors in OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink securities: ~2,000. Click here to see the top 100
- The largest broker-dealers that buy and sell OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink securities are OTC Link® ATS participants. Click here to see the list
- OTC Markets Group Market Data is distributed by all major financial data distributors, including Activ Financial, Bloomberg, Interactive Data, NASDAQ Ultra Feed, NYSE Superfeed, SIX Financial, and Thomson Reuters. Click here to see the financial portals that display our data
- Sectors include financial services, metals & mining, oil & gas, pharma & bio tech, telecommunications, media, utilities, and many others
Data as of December 31, 2012
To learn more about OTC Markets Group, our history, our management team and our operations, click here.
To see the proper naming convention for OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink trading symbols, click here.
For press-related inquiries, please contact:
Saskia Sidenfaden, Director of Corporate Communications