OTC Markets Group organizes securities into the OTCQX®, OTCQB® and OTC Pink® tiered marketplaces. The marketplace on which a company trades reflects the integrity of its operations, its level of disclosure, and its degree of investor engagement.
The Venture Stage Marketplace with Reporting Companies
The OTCQB® marketplace offers informed trading for securities of smaller or developing companies that are reporting to a U.S. regulator (SEC, Bank, or Insurance). OTCQB has no minimum financial standards, therefore, it includes shells and penny stocks that are current in their disclosure to regulators.
The OTCQB marketplace has effectively replaced the FINRA operated OTC Bulletin Board (OTCBB) as the primary market for SEC and bank reporting securities that trade off the exchanges.
OTCQB Provides Informed and Efficient Trading
- Electronic trading (through institutional, retail and online brokers)
- Transparent prices
- Current disclosure and information availability
- Access to primarily venture-stage companies, including more than 3,000 SEC reporting companies (including developing companies, penny stocks and shells) and 700 community banks
OTCQB Marketplace Summary
- 3,000+ companies on OTCQB
- 2,300+ SEC reporting companies
- 650+ banks/thrifts
- 150+ foreign companies
- 300+ shells