OTC Markets Group organizes securities into the OTCQX®, OTCQB® and OTC Pink® tiered marketplaces to empower investors to make informed trading decisions.
The Venture Stage Marketplace
Beginning in 2014, OTC Markets Group is making changes to make OTCQB a better venture stage marketplace for early and developing U.S. and international companies. Companies will be required to meet eligibility standards aimed at improving the information available to investors. To be eligible, U.S. and international companies must be current in their reporting, meet a minimum bid test of $0.01, and undergo a new annual verification and management certification process.
OTCQB Key Highlights
- Minimum bid price test of $0.01 will remove companies that are most likely to be the subject of dilutive stock fraud schemes and promotion
- Improved investor confidence through verified information, confirming the Company Profile displayed on www.otcmarkets.com is current and complete and providing additional information on officers, directors, and controlling shareholders
- Greater information availability for investors through news and disclosure posted through the OTC Disclosure & News Service
- Transparent prices for investors through full-depth of book with Real Time Level 2 quotes
Current U.S. SEC Reporting and Bank Reporting companies, as well as for the first time, International Reporting companies listed on a Qualified Foreign Stock Exchange, will be eligible for OTCQB. Click here for more information on requirements for each of the Reporting Standards.
Securities of companies that do not either meet the OTCQB standards or qualify for OTCQX will likely continue to be traded by broker-dealers on OTC Pink.
More Information on Changes to the OTCQB Marketplace
- Read our Announcement on Changes to the OTCQB Marketplace
- Our OTCQB Fact Sheet includes more details on the new requirements and the timing of the rollout.
- View our recent presentation on Making OTCQB a Better Venture Stage Marketplace.
- Companies may learn more about the OTCQB marketplace, eligibility requirements and how to apply here.
- Read our announcement on changes effective May 1st, including the new $0.01 bid price requirement and eligibility of international reporting companies