The Intelligent Marketplace
Maximizing Visibility with U.S. Investors
Companies use OTCQX to expand their access to investors, engage them with quality disclosure of their financials, and provide trading transparency to stimulate liquidity.
Who Should Join OTCQX?
Reserved for international companies listed on a qualified stock exchange in their home country, OTCQX International provides easy access to U.S. investors and the ability for a company to diversify their shareholder base. OTCQX companies are required to have a Level 1 Sponsored ADR program in the U.S. or a foreign ordinary that is DTC eligible (such as Canadian companies). This requirement helps ensure that only the most investor-friendly companies, which have already been approved by a qualified foreign stock exchange's listing process, are eligible.
All OTCQX International companies appoint a qualified, third-party Principal American Liaison (PAL) sponsor to help them with the admission process, post disclosure in English, and be available as a trusted resource regarding all aspects of investor information needs and U.S. market protocols.
Investors Prefer OTCQX
OTCQX separates out the credible companies from the large number of economically distressed and questionable companies that trade OTC. Companies that join OTCQX demonstrate their commitment to providing superior information to investors and maintaining the highest quality standards.
OTCQX is fully electronic and gives investors access through all major online and full-service brokerage firms in the U.S., including Schwab, E*TRADE, Scottrade, TD Ameritrade, and Fidelity. Trades are settled and cleared in the U.S. similar to any NASDAQ or NYSE stock, and trade reports are disseminated through Yahoo, Bloomberg, Reuters, and most other financial data providers.
In addition, investors can view a full Real-Time Level 2 Quote Montage for all OTCQX companies for free on OTCMarkets.com, allowing them the opportunity to see the full market-depth of their stock.
OTCQX Offers Services to Engage Your Investors
OTCQX companies receive a suite of benefits designed to help them attract and inform shareholders, provide market intelligence to Investor Relations officers, and optimize trading performance. See OTC Intelligence Service.
- Disclosure and Transparency Services: Give your investors access better information and market data.
- Blue Sky Compliance: Ensure U.S. brokers can educate their clients about your stock. Companies that trade in the U.S. OTC market must be compliant with an individual state's "Blue Sky Laws" in order for brokers to recommend their stock to investing clients in that state. OTCQX has partnered with S&P, Mergent, and the Blue Sky Data Corporation to help OTCQX companies comply in 42 states and reach 79% of the U.S. population on average.
- Customer Support: OTCQX is committed to customer service. A team of Customer Support representatives is ready to assist you with everything from understanding listing requirements to posting a news release. The OTCQX staff is experienced and knowledgeable in the OTC market and issues that affect your trading. The OTCQX team will ensure you receive timely informational, educational and regulatory updates.
- OTCQX Market Center Events: OTCQX hosts informational and educational events at the OTCQX Market Center, located at our corporate headquarters in New York City. OTCQX companies and Advisors are welcome to use the Market Center to host their own investor conferences, or individual investor meetings.
- Trading Platform: OTC Markets provides the electronic trading platform for U.S. broker-dealers to execute on investor demand by making markets and providing best execution in OTC traded securities. Over 170 active OTC market makers and agency traders utilize our efficient, state-of-the-art, low-cost quotation and trade messaging services to trade over $160 billion in OTCQX, OTCBB, and OTC Pink securities annually.
- Market Data Distribution: Put your company's quote and trade data in front of more investors. Our network includes the largest market data distributors, including Bloomberg and Thompson Reuters, to continue to keep your investors informed.